Full Edit


 Once the rotoscoping was finished and rendered, I moved on to do a draft of the full edit. We wanted to have as much effects and transitions in  the video as possible to make it stand out, and for this I has a few ideas.  

Duplicating Dylan


            




                When making the song I panned some of the vocals 
                left and right and had them come in at certain points, 
                so I duplicated the rotoscoped layer of Dylan twice 
                and changed their positions. Using the Lumetri Color 
                effect I brought down the blue and red levels on the 
                left clip.





      



    I then masked out the section of the clip I didn't want.



I then copied and pasted the settings onto the right clip, adjusting the mask and the curved to make it blue.


I then chopped up these clips so they came in at the points where the vocals pan left and right.



The Glowing Mask

I also wanted the glow level of the mask to change throughout the video, so I duplicated all the background clips and nested them.






        I then masked out the face, keyframing the mask path               where necessary.







                     I used the Lumetri Color effect again and adjusted up the                        red curve. 











I repeated these steps on all the clips in this nested sequence.



Then on the nested sequence clip on the timeline I keyframed the opacity so it fades in and out every 2 seconds.

I then nested all the party scene clips.


The Slow Pan

I keyframed the scale and position of this nested sequence so that it would have the slow panning effect we wanted initially.
Start


End
 

Making the Dark Room Darker



                I first added a black shape layer underneath                                                                                                 the dark room footage, then I drew a mask                                                                                                 around Dylan, adjusting the mask settings                                                                                                  to make the colour of the background                                                                         gradually fade to black.



 I repeated these steps with all the dark room clips.

Adding Chromatic Aberrations to the Woods Footage








I did this used the VR Chromatic Aberrations effect. I adjusted the settings to add a subtle amount of the effect and then copied and pasted the attributes onto each of the woods clips, adjusting each one.

Editing to the Beat


I edited some parts of the video to the music, some to the kick drum and some to the bassline. I first laid out the footage roughly where I wanted it, then I played through each part several times and used the blade tool to chop up the clips where the kick or bass hit. Once I finished chopping I arranged the small clips so the scene would change on each bass or drum hit.


Transitions

I used a transition called Cross Zoom on some sections of the video, as I felt this added some bounce to the song as the clips were edited to the beat and the transition would occur right on the bassline.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rotoscoping

Typography Update

Wood Scene Edit